Minor hockey, Read more [...]
Whispering Pines is situated on a north and east slope in the beautiful Clear Hills in Northern Alberta. In 1984 it started as a small ski area, and soon became known for its good snow conditions. With the financial assistance of a Municipal Recreation Grant and the M.D. of Clear Hill No. 21, as well as many hours of volunteer work and donations, it became possible to expand the facility. Now the area has two Doppelmayr T-Bars, a Borer Handle Tow, and many excellent runs. The wide variety of terrain provides excellent skiing and snowboarding, on well-groomed 100% natural snow.
Here are some reasons why you will enjoy coming to ski and board at Whispering Pines:
- The elevation at the top of the hill is 3500 ft (1060m), with a vertical rise of 460 ft (140 m). There are 6 main runs, with a total length of 1066 m (3500 ft). There are also 9 connecting runs and 2 snowboard runs.
- A breathtaking scenic view surrounds as you ski, and local wildlife (deer, moose, fox) may be seen crossing the coniferous tree-bordered runs.
- Whispering Pines offers both Beginner and Expert terrain. Line-ups are a thing of the past.
- Enjoy the beautiful cross-country ski trails, which are free for you to use, leading from the ski area.
- Take a break and enjoy the home-cooked meals. The smell of fresh-baked cinnamon buns will whet your appetite.
- Whispering Pines provides a friendly, family-oriented atmosphere.