All Saints Anglican Church was declared a Municipal Historic Resource in 2009. The Church has been available to everyone for worship services, baptisms, weddings and funerals for the past 80 years. The church was an integral part of the early settlers’ community in an area that was geographically isolated by rivers on all sides and was a social focal point for three communities; Cherry Pont, Bear Canyon and Clayhurst.
Anglican missionaries began working in the area in the early 1930s, shortly after the first settlers arrived. Local volunteers constructed the building and the first service was held in the unfinished building on August 25, 1937.
The All Saints Anglican Church architecture incorporates gothic revival features such as the pointed arch windows and vaulted sanctuary that is separated from the nave by a railing. The original handmade box for the Chalice and Communion set is still used and the pews are original and hand hewn.
All Saints Anglican Church can be found approximately 80km West of Worsley in the Cherry Point area.